Conversation with Howard Buchholz

From: Howard Buchholz
Subject: Conversation with Howard Buchholz
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 12:13:53 -0700

Hello fellow developers,

Just a suggestion.  For the automake.git  source
code, would it not be a cool thing to have a LATEST_VERSION file, with the
latest version git tag in it?  That way people can automate getting the latest
release,  rather than looking up by hand what the latest stable release is.

I can't possibly be the only person to want something like this.

Apologies
ahead if you already have something like this, of which I am horribly
ignorant.

And, of course, thanks ahead for your consideration!  LHB