Re: bug#11034: Binutils, GDB, GCC and Automake's 'cygnus' option

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: bug#11034: Binutils, GDB, GCC and Automake's 'cygnus' option
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 22:04:20 +0200

OK, you've all made clear you have your sensible reasons to have the '.info'
files generated in the builddir in your use cases.  Since the actual change
required by automake to allow this is very small and safe, I'm ready to do
it (see attached patch, which I will push in a couple of days to 'master' if
there is no objection).

But since I'm not yet ready to publish this new feature, I intend to make
it available only though the new, undocumented option named (literally)
"hack!info-in-builddir".  I hope this is acceptable to you.

Regards,
  Stefano