How to use flex and bison with the C++ interface

From: Timothy Madden
Subject: How to use flex and bison with the C++ interface
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 21:03:34 +0300

Hello

Can automake use flex and bison to generate .cc files from lexer.ll and parser.yy files ?

I currently get this error from the make command:

        address@hidden code-formatter]$ make
        /bin/sh ./ylwrap code-formatter.ll lex.yy.c code-formatter.cc \
                                                                -- flex
        make: *** [code-formatter.cc] Error 1
        address@hidden code-formatter]$

I am new to automake and as you can see the message really doesn't tell me anything about what is going wrong.

This is my Makefile.am:

        bin_PROGRAMS=code-formatter
        code_formatter_SOURCES=code-formatter.ll code-formatter.yy

as you can see, no secrets here either.

Am I missing something ? Do I need to write explicit makefile rules to use the C++ interface ?

Thank you,
Timothy Madden