with MSYS (Windows), the hook is not executed after the main rule's work

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: with MSYS (Windows), the hook is not executed after the main rule's work is done
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:39:43 +0200

hey

I want to delete the .la file installed by libtool (note that i don't
want to discuss if it's reasonnable or not to delete these files)

So, in my Makefile.am, I do:

lib_LTLIBRARIES = libevil.la
install-data-hook:
        rm -f $(libdir)/$(lib_LTLIBRARIES)

When I cross compile on linux, no problem. When I compile on Windows,
using MSYS, the .la file is still copied. Here is the output:

make[5]: Entering directory `/home/torri/svnroot/evil/src/lib'
rm -f /opt/efl/lib/libevil.la
make[5]: Leaving directory `/home/torri/svnroot/evil/src/lib'
libtool: install:  chmod a+x /opt/efl/lib/../bin/libevil-1.dll
libtool: install:  if test -n '' && test -n 'strip --strip-unneeded';
then eval 'strip --strip-unneeded /opt/efl/lib/../bin/libevil-1.dll'
|| exit 0; fi
libtool: install: /bin/install -c .libs/libevil.lai /opt/efl/lib/libevil.la
libtool: install: /bin/install -c .libs/libevil.a /opt/efl/lib/libevil.a
libtool: install: chmod 644 /opt/efl/lib/libevil.a
libtool: install: ranlib /opt/efl/lib/libevil.a

One solution (I think) is to move that rule in the top level
directory, for example, but I'm surprised with the behavior.

I'm not sure that my question is for automake or libtool ML. If
necessary, I'll transfert the mail to the libtool ML.

versions I have:

automake 1.11.1
libtool 2.4

Does someone have an idea of the problem ?

thank you

Vincent Torri