Re: [Automake-NG] Automake vs. Automake-NG

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Automake-NG] Automake vs. Automake-NG
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 13:58:18 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 21 Aug 2012, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

Because all of us have forgotten to drop the 'CC:' to that list (where
the discussion originated from) at a proper time :-(

If it had been held only on the automake list then there would be less
harm to the free software world

Which harm are you referring to?  Honest question.  The fact that me
and Paolo disagree (politely!) on some issues should not be taken as
some sort of sign that the community is "split" or "quarrelsome".  In
fact, I highly value his input, and his opinion as well (even where
it differs from mine).

The discussion is good as long as it is constrained to the right place. The harm comes from consuming so much time from so many people due to duplicated email messages.

I am not on the help-smalltalk list. I assume that the list moderator is annoyed by the many messages which arrive and now require moderation.

IMHO, the gnu.org mailing lists would benefit by refusing messages which are CC:ed to multiple mailing lists.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn