Re: Automake vs. Automake-NG

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: Automake vs. Automake-NG
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:10:02 +0200

On 08/21/2012 08:51 PM, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

>> I'm still unconvinced it would be a good idea to introduce this
>> incompatibility in Automake just for the sake of simplifying
>> transition to Automake-NG, sorry.

>> Ditto.
>
> Uhm, either they are good warnings for both, or pointless
> incompatibilities for both...  You had almost convinced me
> of the former! :P

No, I mean, we might make the warnings stricter for mainline Automake
too, but that would cause extra headaches and incompatibilities.  Not
much serious (so that they are OK tackle for someone ready to jump on
the NG wagon), but noisy and annoying enough to make them unpalatable
as an addition to mainline Automake.

Regards,
  Stefano