building conditionnaly without using AM_CONDITIONAL

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: building conditionnaly without using AM_CONDITIONAL
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 13:05:31 +0200

Hey

I want to build "conditionnaly" a program. Usually, I do that with
autoconf and AM_CONDITIONAL. Unfortunately, the author of the lib
wants me to build a part of the library with just a make rule. Note
that autoconf is used, but the author does not want to use a configure
option for that.

So:

make : does not build that part
make bench : build that part (it's a benchmark prog)

So i tried to set  the 'all' rule to nothing in Makefile.am, it has no
effect. Is there a way to do what I want ?

thank you

Vincent Torri