Re: using $(wildcard) in EXTRA_DIST

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: using $(wildcard) in EXTRA_DIST
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:20:22 +0200

On 09/19/2012 08:23 AM, Vincent Torri wrote:
> Hey
>
> our documentation provides some images files in a subdirectory  'img'.
> So, in EXTRA_DIST, we have added:
>
> $(wildcard $(srcdir)/img/*.*)
>
> automake reports that warning:
>
> doc/Makefile.am:35: wildcard $(srcdir: non-POSIX variable name
> doc/Makefile.am:35: (probably a GNU make extension)
>
> what is the correct way to add all the files, without listing them all
> in EXTA_DIST ?

Also, in addition to what Peter said, if you are already requiring GNU
make anyway, the $(wildcard ...) use should be fine.  You can either
ignore the warning, or silence it explicitly using '-Wno-portability';
the downside of this second option being that all the portability
warnings will be disabled, not just those related to portability to
non-GNU make implementations.

> thank you
>
> Vincent Torri

HTH,