problem with AM_PATH_PYTHON

From: Václav Zeman
Subject: problem with AM_PATH_PYTHON
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 21:07:43 +0200

Hi.

I am having a problem with AM_PATH_PYTHON. I have this in my configure.ac:

AS_IF([test "x$with_python" = "xyes"],
  [AM_PATH_PYTHON([2.3], [:], [:])
   AX_SWIG_PYTHON
   AC_CONFIG_FILES([swig/python/Makefile])])

The problem is that when I am cross compiling it ignores the if-block
and puts the code of AM_PATH_PYTHON outside. The configure process then
breaks like this:

configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet
checking for python... /usr/bin/python
checking for a version of Python >= '2.1.0'... yes
checking for the distutils Python package... yes
checking for Python include path... -I/usr/include/python2.7
checking for Python library path... -L/usr/lib -lpython2.7
checking for Python site-packages path... /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
checking python extra libraries... -lssl -lcrypto  -lssl -lcrypto
-L/usr/lib -lz -lpthread -ldl  -lutil
checking python extra linking flags... -Xlinker -export-dynamic -Wl,-O1
-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions
checking consistency of all components of python development
environment... no
configure: error: in
`/home/wilx/log4cplus-bzr/work-trunk/objdir-mips-linux-gnu':
configure: error:
  Could not link test program to Python. Maybe the main Python library
has been
  installed in some non-standard library path. If so, pass it to configure,
  via the LDFLAGS environment variable.
  Example: ./configure LDFLAGS="-L/usr/non-standard-path/python/lib"

   ERROR!
   You probably have to install the development version of the Python
package
   for your distribution.  The exact name of this package varies among them.