Re: apt-get/yum like dependency installation in autotool

From: Baurzhan Ismagulov
Subject: Re: apt-get/yum like dependency installation in autotool
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 11:46:27 +0200

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 06:35:20PM +0100, Rudra Banerjee wrote:
> looks like no way (yet)!

No way (I'd say, ever) for autotools since -- as others have already
written -- they have a very different scope.

After you ask about apt-get -- why, you already can 1.
dpkg-checkbuilddeps to see missing dependencies, and 2. sudo apt-get
build-dep <package> to install them.

Those require 1. properly created package metadata and 2. properly setup
apt sources, respectively. Both are not only distro-specific, but even
distro version-specific.

With kind regards,
Baurzhan.