Re: looking for a good example of non-recursive Make using project

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: looking for a good example of non-recursive Make using project
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 21:57:08 +1000

On 11/20/12 7:16 AM, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
A good paradigm for non-recursive make is to put Automake include fragments into each directory which support the files in that directory. The top Automake.am then includes these fragments. It would be useful if there was a syntax whereby the necessary subdirectory paths could be automatically inserted into Makefile variables and file paths based on the location of the Automake include file.
That sounds like a good idea. That's exactly the setup I've ended up when changing from recursive to non-recursive Makefile. I also, however, often have Automake fragments in a directory 'am/' which are included into Makefile.am [in topdir]. For those fragment files, it would probably be confusing if paths were inserted into variables. Perhaps one could have a switch to turn that feature on.

Cheers,
Peter

--
Peter Johansson