deprecation warning

From: Guillaume Rousse
Subject: deprecation warning
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:20:06 +0100

Hello list.

I'm facing a painful issue with the deprecation of AM_PROG_MKDIR_P, causing a warning to be issued, because it seems to be indirectly called by gettext macros, and I don't understand how to fix it...

Here is the exact error message:

address@hidden sympa-cleanup]$ autoreconf
configure.ac:26: warning: The 'AM_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro is deprecated, and will soon be removed. configure.ac:26: You should use the Autoconf-provided 'AC_PROG_MKDIR_P' macro instead, configure.ac:26: and use '$(MKDIR_P)' instead of '$(mkdir_p)'in your Makefile.am files.

configure.ac line 26 is just:
AM_PO_SUBDIRS

They are two gettex-related subdirectories (po and po-wwsympa), each of these containing a gettext-generated Makefile.in.in. The only occurence of the offending code was:
mkdir_p = @mkdir_p@

Which I turned into:
mkdir_p = @MKDIR_P@

without success.

I also tried to update those Makefile.in.in using newer gettext (0.18, whereas they were generated through gettext 0.17), without any difference.

So, what I am supposed to do there ?

If that matters, this is Sympa, a perl mailing-list manager:
https://sourcesup.renater.fr/scm/viewvc.php/branches/sympa-cleanup/?root=sympa
--
BOFH excuse #129:

The ring needs another token