Using AM_CONDITIONAL in m4 macros

From: Philipp Thomas
Subject: Using AM_CONDITIONAL in m4 macros
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 16:49:57 +0100

I have come across a package where autoreconf doesn't work out of the box.
The reason is that it calls a m4 macro that contains an AM_CONDITIONAL which
is later tested in Makefile.am.
This seemingly works when running the autogen.sh script included in the
package that calls the autotools. Calling autoreconf only works if the macro
file is explicitly included (via m4_include).

So my question is, if there is a way to have this working  without the
explicit inclusion.

This is with automake 1.12.3 and autoconf 2.69.

Philipp