Re: [Automake-NG] Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Automake-NG] Removal of INCLUDES in favour of AM_CPPFLAGS
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:27:58 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2013, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

I'm happy to read this :-)

You should be happy that a number of us have been interested in Automake-NG enough to remain subscribed to its mailing list and provide comments on directions and ideas. Being on the mailing list requires a level of dedication.

Debian's attitude is perfectly understandable here, since the package is
still at an alpha status, and hasn't seen any release or pre-release yet.

Which makes me think that forcing users to bootstrap the project from a
Git branch hidden in Automake's repository in order to use it might be
hampering their willingness to give it a try.  It's probably time to
separate for good Automake-NG from mainline Automake, and to issue some
early alpha releases.  Not sure when I'll have time to do this properly
though ...

Git surely makes it easy to promote a branch to a new top-level repository. Having it available by default in a repository would be easier to grasp for git-challenged people like me. Alpha/beta release packages would help quite a lot.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn