Re: install-strip variant that strips then installs?

From: Robert Boehne
Subject: Re: install-strip variant that strips then installs?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 05:55:55 -0500

Library paths are hard coded at link time.  For that reason, on some platforms
Libtool relinks binaries during install.  Because "prefix" et. al. can be set
at make time, stripping has to be done on the installed binary because it may
not exist until then.

So strip before install would not be portable.

HTH,

Robert Boehne