Re: libtool libraries requiring other libraries

From: Satz Klauer
Subject: Re: libtool libraries requiring other libraries
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:35:32 +0200

So when I understand you correct you don't want to give the option
"-lrt" again when building progbar which links against libfoo (which
itself already was linked against librt)?

In this case building libfoo needs to use this statement for linking:

-Wl,-whole-archive -lrt -Wl,-no-whole-archive

Now libfoo implicitely knows and uses dependency to librt.