Re: Managing Emacs org-mode projects with automake - how to make this ea

From: Arne Babenhauserheide (IMK)
Subject: Re: Managing Emacs org-mode projects with automake - how to make this easier?
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 09:29:24 +0200

Am 24.10.2013 20:45, schrieb Gavin Smith:
> From your link:
>> I use pyxplot for generating some plots. Pyxplot does not have a way (I know
>> of) to search for datafiles in a different folder. I have to copy the files
>> to the build dir and kill them after the build. But only if I use a separate
>> build dir.
>
> If I understand rightly, you are having a problem with VPATH builds?
> Is there no way to get your tools (emacs and pyxplot) to read from
> files in the source directory but output in the current directory?

For pyxplot I did not find a way to make it read from different paths
depending on whether I run `make distcheck` or just `make`. The paths
for the datafiles are encoded within the scriptfile.

For emacs I use org-mode to export, and that exports to where the file
is. I might be able to change that by using the publish-mechanism, but
I’m not sure about that. Stackoverflow suggests something, though:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9559753/emacs-org-mode-export-to-another-directory

#+bind: org-export-publishing-directory "./exports"

* This is a test headline
Some text here.  This should be exported to the "./exports" directory.

I might be able to do that for the more important part (emacs) with an
additional --eval.

I’m asking at address@hidden

Best wishes,
Arne