Re: DELETE_ON_ERROR test-suite.log and .PRECIOUS

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: DELETE_ON_ERROR test-suite.log and .PRECIOUS
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:33:14 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 26 Dec 2013, Stefano Lattarini wrote:

Is there a better way to ask automake/make to keep the test-suite.log
around? Is there a way to make the warning go away?

kind regards
        holger

[1]
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/commit/?id=96bd03d5b8d5d04fc8037c03a43bb5b148cc1e29

Thanks for the suggestion, and sorry for the shameful delay.
I implemented the required improvement with the trivial patch
attached.  It should appear in Automake 1.15.

I noticed just a few days ago that CONTROL-C during a TAP test deleted the associated test log file. This was annoying because I wanted to stop the test after spotting an error (many tests in one TAP test script) but keep the log file. Hopefully the patch solves this as well.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn