Re: Working in "real-life" or with "distcheck" but not both?

From: Johan Persson
Subject: Re: Working in "real-life" or with "distcheck" but not both?
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 19:32:35 +0100

Thanks! It was exactly the problem I faced (I have previously never had
to use DISTCHECK_CONFIGURE_FLAGS so it wasn't really in my autotools
vocabulary until now). I ended up implemented a similar solution but
without relying on pkg-config since it is not longer widely used as far
as I can tell.

(This useful "trick" should really go into the autoconf/automake manual
since it is a generic way of handling absolute installation paths in
conjunction with distcheck)

Cheers!