building tools during a cross-compilation

From: Pierre Phaneuf
Subject: building tools during a cross-compilation
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 05:10:57 +0000

I've just set up a Makefile.am for a package I'm working on, and it's going
pretty well, but I've hit a snag with cross-compilation...

This package installs a binary and a resource file. That resource file is
build with a special tool that is build by the Makefile.am. When I
cross-compile, it works well for the main binary (very easy, great job!),
but it builds the tool binary for the --host platform, rather than the
--build, so the resource file cannot be built.

What's the best way to go at this? Thanks in advance!