Re: stripping directory component from installation file pathname

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: stripping directory component from installation file pathname
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 10:27:54 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> () Marco Maggi <address@hidden>
> () Mon, 24 Feb 2014 12:49:15 +0100

>    I just want to strip the string prefix "lib/" from the
>    installation pathnames.

> Maybe you can use a var that includes the trailing slash:

>  intreelib = lib/

>  ..._DATA = \
>    $(intreelib)stuff/foo.fasl

> and then replace the usual "make install" flow via:

>  install-data-local:
>          $(MAKE) install-data-am intreelib=

> This would mimic the -data side of "make install" (i think).

Thanks, but  too late; I  wrote a script  that automatically
generates  a   makefile  include  module[1]  with   all  the
pathnames explicitly written.  This  is most likely the best
solution.

[1] <https://github.com/marcomaggi/vicare/blob/devel/lib/dependencies.make>
--
"Now feel the funk blast!"
Rage Against the Machine - "Calm like a bomb"