Re: AM_GNU_GETTEXT and intl/ directory

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: AM_GNU_GETTEXT and intl/ directory
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 21:49:29 +0100

Hi, sorry for the delay in the response.

On 11/15/2014 06:29 PM, Kip Warner wrote:
Hey list,

I am initializing i18n in my project's configure.ac as such:

         AM_GNU_GETTEXT_VERSION([0.18.3])
         AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external], [need-ngettext])

This works fine, but my project root is then populated with some source
files needed for gettext to work in intl/ when I run autoreconf -v -i.

Is there any way to have it put the intl/ into a subdirectory of my
choosing? I tried adding a path as a third parameter in AM_GNU_GETTEXT,
but it just ignored it.

From what I can see in the Automake sources and in the gettext
documentation: no, there is no way to change the name of the
intl/ subdirectory.  Sorry.

Regards,
  Stefano