Normalized absolute path

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Normalized absolute path
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 14:58:49 -0800

Hey list,

I am attempting to set a variable in my Makefile.am that contains a
normalized absolute path. I am doing this because another application
invoked through one of my rules breaks when fed a relative path and it
needs it.

        PATH_WORKAROUND=$(realpath abs_top_builddir)/Tests/some_file.foo

I have tried the above and too many syntactical variations, but automake
complains about all of them when I try to achieve the intention of the
above.

Respectfully,

--
Kip Warner -- Senior Software Engineer