RE: API for Custom Drivers

From: Arthur Schwarz
Subject: RE: API for Custom Drivers
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 05:11:19 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Smith [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:26 AM
To: Arthur Schwarz

On 25 April 2015 at 00:27, Arthur Schwarz <address@hidden> wrote:

> In "15.3.3.1 Command-line arguments for test drivers" there is the
> statement:
>
> "The first non-option argument passed to the test driver is the program to
> be run, and all the following ones are command-line options and arguments
> for this program."
>
> In "15.3.2 Declaring Custom Test Drivers" we have the automake variables
> LOG_DRIVER and ext_LOG_DRIVER. Assuming LOG_DRIVER = driver, does the
> statement mean that to execute "driver" I type:
>
>    make driver
>
> Instead of
>    make check ?

I don't how the statement could mean that. When it mentions an
arguments passed to the test driver, this is not referring the
arguments passed to "make".

Q: From the reading it looks like there are options followed by non-options
on the command line. I guess my confusion is that the options (--options)
seem to be command line options.
Q: Are there other ways to pass options to a test driver?
Q: How can you select one of perhaps many, test drivers?
Q: If there are many test drivers how can you select many, but not all, of
them, "make [options] driver1 driver2 check"?