RE: automake document section 15 change

From: Arthur Schwarz
Subject: RE: automake document section 15 change
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 05:22:38 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: Gavin Smith [mailto:address@hidden
Sent: Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:34 AM
To: Arthur Schwarz

On 13 April 2015 at 20:34, Arthur Schwarz <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I am very much a novice at this so if I have made (some) mistake(s)
please
> > tell me how to correct them.
>
> You would get more comments if you used the format of the existing
> Texinfo sources for the manuals. If you don't want to learn how to
> write Texinfo plain text would be preferable to automatically
> generated LaTeX.
>
> > I have looked at the generated .tex file and I don't see any of my
created
> > figures. If figures are not supported I suppose that text and effort are
> > wasted.
>
> Images are supported with the @image Texinfo command.

Thanks. The Tex output was generated from Open Office using writer2Latex.
The Open Office document was sent with the comments as an attachment at the
end of the question. I don't know Latex/Texinfo.

I've continued to develop an alternative to the existing text and I am
including it as both a pdf and an Open Office attachment. The document is
very incomplete (as you'll see). Comments (criticism or critiques) are very
welcome.
art