Re: Autmoake (test) editing

From: Gavin Smith
Subject: Re: Autmoake (test) editing
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 15:30:32 +0100

On 1 April 2015 at 00:35, Arthur Schwarz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, I've never done a patch. More appropriately, the Automake document
> needs a thorough review and rewriting. I don't have the knowledge to do
> that, I don't know automake. More appropriately, the patches would be more
> extensive then just casual corrections, and I don't have the authority to do
> them.
>
> My argument is that the document unsuccessfully presents a quality product.
> I can participate in a dialog of how to change the product documentation so
> that it provides the Autoake developers intent in a manner suitable for a
> new user, and suitable as a reference for an experienced user. But, sign, I
> haven't been asked.

I made some comments about the introductory sections of the Automake
manual here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/autoconf/2014-09/msg00061.html. But
nobody has had time to look at it yet. I expect that factual
inaccuracies are easier to get fixed than style and organization,
which are more subjective.