RE: How do you set VERBOSE for parallel testin

From: Arthur Schwarz
Subject: RE: How do you set VERBOSE for parallel testin
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 16:13:59 -0700

> On 05/08/2015 04:55 PM, Arthur Schwarz wrote:
> >
> > I just checked the latest iteration of my output listing (VERBOSE = 1)
and
> > saw the rule for
> > Makefile:478 showing test-suite.log failed. Don't know why.
> >

> If any test causes a FAIL, XPASS, or ERROR condition, then 'make check'
> will likewise fail.  The output from make is telling you that your
> testsuite caught failures that should not be present if the testsuite
> were passing.

  My issue is that the output indicates that the rule for test-suite.log
fails. Is this expected? My thought (from the automake manual) is that even
if there is a failure there should be no difficulty creating or outputting
test-suite.log. The test harness created a test-suite.log (included as an
attachment) but failed to output it. Don't know why.

> > The output listing is below and the Makefile.am is included in an
> > attachment.
> >
> > Heck, I don't know what I'm doing. If anyone can explain what I need to
do
> > to remove the error messages I'd really appreciate it.
>
> Which error messages are you trying to remove?  The only error message I
> say in the output you posted is expected, given that you have a failing
> test.

  Ok. If they're supposed to fail then fail they did. What about the
test-suite.log failing to output?