Setting environment variable for make dist

From: Bas Vodde
Subject: Setting environment variable for make dist
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 12:57:19 +0000 (UTC)

Hi all,

I'm trying to change my projects configure.ac so that it sets the
COPYFILE_DISABLE=1 environment variable to influence the make dist target.

Background: The COPYFILE_DISABLE=1 avoids having a second top-level
directory in your package when packaging on MacOSX.

So far, my attempt was to set the variable in the configure.ac file and use
AC_SUBST on it, but that didn't seem to work.

Is there any way in which this can work?

Thanks,

Bas Vodde