Re: Setting environment variable for make dist

From: Bas Vodde
Subject: Re: Setting environment variable for make dist
Date: Wed, 20 May 2015 10:17:40 +0800

Hi Nick,

Ok, thanks.

I don’t know the side-effects of the COPYFILE_DISABLE flag, so I prefer not to
use it other than make dist.

Good to see the open bug report and hope it’ll be fixed sometime in the future.

In the mean time, I decided to write some code in the dist-hook to check if the
environment varialble is set on MacOsX and fail the build if it isn’t (with the
error message it should be set).

That still doesn’t solve it, but it ensures that I can’t make the mistake of
not setting it in the future anymore.

Thanks for your help on this!

Bas