pre-dist hook?

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: pre-dist hook?
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 05:38:18 +0000

I'm thinking I want to run a hook before the distdir target is run.

What's a good way to do that?

The reason for this is that I'm packaging at least 2 nested packages in
my distribution.  We only want to configure these if we need them.  The
"problem" is that folks who don't need either/both of these packages
don't want to spend the time configuring them, but in that case they
cannot run "make dist" either.  To produce a distribution, one must
generally configure these sub-packages so the dist target(s) can see
these packages.

So I figure a good answer is to have a pre-dist hook of some sort, so if
somebody wants to run 'dist' I can make sure that the needed
sub-packages have been built.

--
Harlan Stenn <address@hidden>
http://networktimefoundation.org  - be a member!