extra files for distribution

From: Andy Falanga (afalanga)
Subject: extra files for distribution
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:12:18 +0000

Hi,

My project has some doc files which are currently generated by the
parsing engine of Visual Studio.  Our plan is to simply generate them,
periodically, and include them with our Linux build via autotools.  I'm
not sure of how to include them though.  EXTRA_DIST isn't the answer
because they are things which are *not* to be installed.  These files
aren't necessary for the build which means I don't need them in the
directives/primaries.  What is the Makefile.am magic I'm looking for
which will include these extras in the installation but not include them
in the build?

Andy