excluding intermediate flex test suite files from distribution?

From: Will Estes
Subject: excluding intermediate flex test suite files from distribution?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 09:41:17 -0500

All,

The flex program includes a test suite to enable testing of the version of flex
built in the flex tree. From a distributed tar ball (made with "make dist"), it
is possible to build flex without needing to have flex already installed
because automake includes the intermediate files in the distribution.

However, the test suite should not include the intermediate .c (and c++) files
because the point of the test suite is to test the flex binary built in the
tree, so that binary should build the intermediate .c (and c++) files.

How do I do this? I've been playing with it and have not been able to come up
with a solution. At most, I'm able to not include some generated header files,
which then really confuses the test suite in the generated tar ball.

What other information / examples can I provide to make this clear?

Thanks!

--Will

--
Will Estes