Re: ylwrap doesn’t update *.output on failure

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: ylwrap doesn’t update *.output on failure
Date: Sat, 20 May 2017 23:06:51 +0200

Hello,

Nikolai Weibull <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that ylwrap doesn’t update *.output on failure.  The *.output file
> is very useful for debugging any failure, so I don’t quite see why this
> isn’t being generated.  Am I thinking about this wrong?

I haven't used Bison much myself so I don't know if you are overlooking
something.

> My AM_YFLAGS are --warnings=all,error --report=all.
>
> A simple fix would be to remove the current if that guards the whole
> file-comparison-and-renaming part of ylwrap and instead add
>
> if $ret -eq 0; then
>   selection=*
> else
>   selection=*.output
> fi
>
> for from in $selection

I would need some advices before fixing this.  I am CCing Tom Tromey (a
previous Automake maintainer) which might have a more enlightened look.

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37