Re: Automake Digest, Vol 175, Issue 3

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: Automake Digest, Vol 175, Issue 3
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 15:25:18 -0700

On Mon, 2017-09-04 at 12:00 -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> Can you give more context why you need to substitute on the left-
> hand-side here?
> It's after all simply a Makefile-Variable, so I don't exactly see
> what's the
> purpose.

Hey Thomas. Good question. It could well be that no hackery at all is
required with this. Here is my Makefile.am:

https://github.com/cartesiantheatre/narayan-designer/blob/master/Source/Makefile.am

See parser_clobbered_source_full_paths as an example. This variant
containing the full path is used in BUILT_SOURCES, nodist_..._SOURCES,
CLEANFILES, and as a target.

The parser_clobbered_source_files_only variant containing the file
names only is used on line 150 as a workaround for where bisonc++(1)
emits its files.

If you can see a more elegant way of solving the same problem I'm
trying to, I'm all ears.

--
Kip Warner | Senior Software Engineer
OpenPGP signed/encrypted mail preferred