Re: automake: tap-driver.sh: cleanup and revival.

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: automake: tap-driver.sh: cleanup and revival.
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2017 23:07:09 +0200

Hello,

Mike Mestnik <address@hidden> writes:

> Somethings I'v spotted that are driving me nuts.
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/automake.git/tree/lib/tap-driver.sh#n100
> Clearly indicates that "--color-tests=yes" is the only way to enable
> color, there is no auto-detecting a PTY or any support for the
> documented "--color-tests=always"

The detection is done in the generated Makefile which invokes
tap-driver.sh with the appropriate command line arguments.  Duplicating
detection inside the test driver would make sense only in the context of
invoking it interactively.

Do you have a use case where we would want to invoke tap-driver.sh
outside of the 'make check' context?

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37