Re: MinGW and "warning: implicit declaration of function _spawnv"

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: MinGW and "warning: implicit declaration of function _spawnv"
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:00:12 -0600 (CST)

Or maybe something else?

It looks like the extra files provided by libtool are the problem. It
looks like the libtool folks need to add _XOPEN_SOURCE=600 to their
preprocessor definitions. I'm guessing they only test with a C
compiler, and not a C++ compiler and Newlib combination.

What does spawnv have to do with _XOPEN_SOURCE? Isn't spawnv a Microsoft Windows-specific function and _XOPEN_SOURCE is a Unix thing?

You are on the right track that CFLAGS options or additional pre-processor definitions are likely needed.

It is my understanding that the MinGW headers and library may support multiple CRT versions but the default is the CRT version assured to come with any Windows system, which leaves many functions out.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn