warning: TEST_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or library has 'TEST' a

From: Thomas Martitz
Subject: warning: TEST_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or library has 'TEST' as canonical name
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 17:17:08 +0100

Hello,

here's some quite annoying warning. I'm trying to define a variable TEST_LDFLAGS that multiple programs use. There is no program named TEST. The same works fine with TEST_CFLAGS (i.e. no warning is displayed).

Here's the warning:

Makefile.am:4: warning: variable 'TEST_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
Makefile.am:4: library has 'TEST' as canonical name (possible typo)

Here's the Makefile.am

TEST_CFLAGS = -g
TEST_LDFLAGS = -Wl,-z,defs

bin_PROGRAMS = test

test_CFLAGS = $(TEST_CFLAGS)
test_LDFLAGS = $(TEST_LDFLAGS)

Is this known? Is there a workaround? Can I ignore the warning?

Best regards.