Re: _SOURCES files in sub-directories lead to make distdir failure

From: netfab
Subject: Re: _SOURCES files in sub-directories lead to make distdir failure
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 21:25:56 +0100

Le 24/01/18 à 14:13, Bob Friesenhahn a tapoté :
> Have you made sure that the distribution tarball is packaging up this
> header file?

How do I check this ? I do not have any tarball.
Make distcheck should create the tarball, and unpack it to run the
build into separate directory.

From ⁽¹⁾ :

> maude_SOURCES
>       This variable, if it exists, lists all the source files that
>       are compiled to build the program. These files are added to
>       the distribution by default.

Do I misunderstand something ?

1.
https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Program-and-Library-Variables.html