A new, novel, and faster Binary Search algorithm

From: Gregorius van den Hoven
Subject: A new, novel, and faster Binary Search algorithm
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 12:39:24 +0100

I've developed a new binary search that is up to 2 times faster than the
binary search used by virtually every software application. It solves the
problem of how to perform a boundless binary search by combing two novel
adaptations.

I've licensed it under GPL 3.0 and it is available here:

https://sites.google.com/site/binarysearchcube/binary-search

It examines a few binary search variants, with benchmark graphs at the
bottom, but the one of interest is:

int boundless_binary_search(int *array, int array_size, int key)

 The algorithm is used in a sorting algorithm here:

https://sites.google.com/site/binarysearchcube/sorting-variants

Which allows to stress-test and verify that the algorithm works properly.
As the graph shows, my binary merge sort outperforms quicksort and it
should be a stable sort as well.

Depending on the software implementation the performance gain can be quite
significant.

I am hoping you find this an interesting development and are willing to
double check my work and/or forward it to interested parties. If my
algorithm gains traction it should have a positive impact on mankind's
carbon footprint. :)

Kind regards,

Gregorius van den Hoven