Re: Make -j to Compiler Question

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: Make -j to Compiler Question
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2019 12:32:35 -0400

Hello Nick,

On 2019-09-21, Nicholas Krause <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm currently looking on and continuing the palleraling of gcc. There
> was a discussion about if its possible to link to make -j to split the
> tasks if possible. If so how and what is the easiest way to get this
> info into

Assuming you're talking about interacting with the GNU make jobserver, I
suggest asking this question on the GNU make list[1], after reading the
relevant documentation on the jobserver[2].

There are other make implemetations (e.g. NetBSD make) which support
parallelism but probably use a different method.