Re: t/aclocal-print-acdir.sh at installcheck and AUTOMAKE_UNINSTALLED

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: t/aclocal-print-acdir.sh at installcheck and AUTOMAKE_UNINSTALLED
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 14:52:37 -0700

Hi Mathieu - I'm glad you replied. I saw in the ChangeLog that you
created AUTOMAKE_UNINSTALLED :). The general idea was clear, but all the
implications, not so much.

    Here is a patch that seem to fix the issue, I have added some clutter to
    AM_TESTS_ENVIRONMENT

Thanks! make distcheck now passes completely, all three failing tests
are fixed, with both python2 and python3. That is great.

The only trivial thing I would ask is that I would appreciate not
breaking new ground with the UTF-8 quotes in the comment, since they are
not really necessary (the comment is just as understandable with no
quote characters, or '...' if you prefer). There are no UTF-8 quotes in
the main source files now.
+# the â€˜pre-inst-envâ€™ wrapper script.

Other than that, please push asap! --thanks again, karl.