Re: ./configure: line 2490: _ACEOF: command not found

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: ./configure: line 2490: _ACEOF: command not found
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2020 17:06:30 -0600

    ./configure: line 2489: Report: command not found
    ./configure: line 2490: _ACEOF: command not found
    ./configure: line 2492: syntax error near unexpected token `fi'
    ./configure: line 2492: `fi'

Evidently this is something about this project's configure.in. I don't
see it offhand (maybe someone else can).

If you send me your generated configure file (best to gzip it to avoid
possible corruption), I could try to see what's going on around those
lines, i.e., which macro might be going awry. No promises though! --best, karl.