Re: Build and test failures with Autoconf 2.70

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Build and test failures with Autoconf 2.70
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 16:33:22 -0700

    The attached patch fixes two of the problems:

Thanks, I pushed that.

    There are still four testsuite failures on my dev box,

After applying your patch, running make -j12 check against autoconf 2.70,
I get those failures and several more (as in your case, they don't
appear with 2.69):

FAIL: t/distcheck-missing-m4.sh
FAIL: t/distcheck-outdated-m4.sh
FAIL: t/libobj-basic.sh
FAIL: t/remake-not-after-make-dist.sh
FAIL: t/vala-non-recursive-setup.sh
FAIL: t/distcheck-missing-m4
FAIL: t/distcheck-outdated-m4
FAIL: t/libobj-basic
FAIL: t/remake-not-after-make-dist
FAIL: t/vala-non-recursive-setup

(Perhaps there are new nondeterministic failures with parallel make.)

Sigh. I'll investigate when I can, time permitting, but if by chance
anyone else is willing to look into it, please do.

Thanks,
Karl