Re: Future plans for Autotools

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Future plans for Autotools
Date: Thu, 6 May 2021 11:19:21 -0600

    I think automake really needs to support this soon.

Sounds reasonable to me, but to be clear, Automake will only support
things that volunteers care enough about to actually dig into the
code and write patches for. New developers/maintainers are needed.

As I previously explained(*) / pleaded, Jim and I simply cannot commit
the necessary time for substantive development -- we can't even keep up
with incoming bug reports and interesting suggestions. --best, karl.

(*) https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/automake/2021-03/msg00018.html
So far the response has been nil.