Re: How to prevent distribution of `texinfo.tex`

From: Nick Bowler
Subject: Re: How to prevent distribution of `texinfo.tex`
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2021 12:27:15 -0400

On 2021-06-23, Werner LEMBERG <wl@gnu.org> wrote:
> The file `texinfo.tex` is in the list of files (given by `automake
> --help`) that gets always distributed.  How can I disable this?  I
> don't have texinfo documentation.

The texinfo.tex file (and others listed along with it) is included in
the distribution only if the file is present in your project workspace
when you run "automake" to (re)generate Makefile.in.

As far as I know there is no way to disable this behaviour, although I
agree the automagic file inclusion can be a bit funky.

Cheers,
  Nick