adding a command line option for ACLOCAL_PATH-type search paths

From: Mike Frysinger
Subject: adding a command line option for ACLOCAL_PATH-type search paths
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2022 01:55:39 -0500

the ACLOCAL_PATH functionality is useful (adding search dirs after -I),
but a bit unwieldy as an env var.  any reason we can't add a command line
option for this ?  call it --aclocal-path ?  or --extra-system-acdir ?
or some other other boring name ?

for context, when cross-compiling, autotools (i.e. automake) tend to be
installed in the system (i.e. /usr/), while all the libraries & macros
being built against are found in a separate sysroot (e.g. ~/sysroot/).
we want to insert that ~/sysroot/usr/share/aclocal path after the set
of -I flags from the package, but before /usr/share/aclocal.
-mike