Re: Wrong order of preprocessor and compiler flags

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Wrong order of preprocessor and compiler flags
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2022 18:21:48 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2022, Jan Engelhardt wrote:

I went to the GNU make git repo to check on CPPFLAGS; it appeared first in
documentation rather than source (which seems like a history import mishap),
but even back then in '94, the documentation was inconsistent, sometimes
providing example descriptions where CPPFLAGS comes after CFLAGS/FFLAGS/etc.,
and sometimes reversed.

I think that this is because it was always assumed that the order does not matter.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@simple.dallas.tx.us, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/