Re: 3-rd party aux files.

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: 3-rd party aux files.
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 14:16:44 -0700

    automake -af --libdir=$HOME/aux
    it breaks automake (it can't find other files, e.g. am/header-vars.am).
    So, my question: Is there any way to provide 3-rd party aux files?

It seems not :(.

If you, or anyone, can draft a patch, that would be great. As can be
seen by how long it took me to send this non-reply (sorry), my automake
time is woefully scarce at the moment :(.

Meanwhile, I have resent your message to bug-automake so it will become
more trackable. --thanks for writing, karl.