RE: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `Confi

From: Schwichtenberg Knut
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] gnu-as: Error: invalid sections for operation on `ConfigDescriptor' and `L0'
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 13:13:51 +0200

Jorgen,

Please provide more and detailed information. I've tried to compile your
file with WinAVR. S daoes not work and S does not it neither. To do a fast
"make" I've include the sourc into one of my makefiles and made "make" see
the shell output:
$ make USB2RS232.o
Assembling: USB2RS232.S
avr-gcc -c -mmcu=atmega162 -I. -I ../_Common -x assembler-with-cpp
-Wa,-adhlns=USB2RS232.l
st -Wa,-gstabs USB2RS232.S -o USB2RS232.o
USB2RS232.S:87:2: #error sadfkj
USB2RS232.S:1916:70: warning: no newline at end of file
make: *** [USB2RS232.o] Error 1

On line 34 and 87 the CPP/GCC are unhappy - maybe because I've used the
wrong device this is what we need to support you - maybe at least a line
number

Cheers

Knut