RE: [avr-chat] Debuging spurious resets in Atmega16 application.

From: Robert Dunn
Subject: RE: [avr-chat] Debuging spurious resets in Atmega16 application.
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 15:40:22 +1200

A mistake ive seen (and made) is to accidently have an interrupt enabled
by setting its registers, but the interrupt not defined in the code with
SIGNAL() or INTERRUPT(), this can cause it to 'reset' everytime since
the interrupt vector has not been correctly setup when the micro jumps
to it. Almost all the problems I have had with similar symptoms are
either interrupt or watchdog related (as mentioned in a previous post),
so I would check there first.

Robert Dunn